1. Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
PORN. Romance. Duh.
2. Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
I'm working on a Daniel/Vala story based on the Undercover as Lovers trope. They go to Alabama for this one, not Ver Ager LOL.
3. Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
Nope. Even the most disgusting tropes can be satirized & subverted :)
4. How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
A million :P I'm also working on Sam/Jack mermaid/tentacle porn, a Jack/Daniel Hunger Games AU Made Them Do It porn, plus over a dozen WiPs which need to get finished.
5. Share one of your strengths.
Not finishing what I started.
6. Share one of your weaknesses.
I love editing and will edit my stories to death. TO DEATH.
7. Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
Unless I'm writing Gormenghast fanfic, I never indulge in long passages of description, but will drop a sentence or two to set a mood:
Occasional insects swayed lazily in the amber sunshine above scruffy, scentless wildflowers. [from Crucified Toad]8. Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
I HAVE MASTERED LAY/LIE. HERE IS PROOF:
"Why didn't you invite him over for a threesome?"9. Which fic has been the hardest to write?
I knock the receiver off the hook and then knock the phone off the nightstand. "I let you lie here and lay on a big lie while lying low and getting laid. What am I gonna do with you?" [from Bookends]
Every fic since my husband died. Was he my Muse? I think so.
10. Which fic has been the easiest to write?
Most fics while my husband was alive.
11. Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
A burdensome, frustrating obsession.
12. Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
I wrote 3? 4? Memento Mori fics. And counting.
13. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- Show, don't tell.
- Write what you want to read.
- Write what you know (which to me means RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH)
15. If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
Any of the ones requiring nudity ;)
16. If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
Daniel/Vala seems to be my default
17. Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
18. Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
I just discovered Scrivener a few days ago. OMFG why hadn't I used it before?
19. Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
20. Describe your perfect writing conditions.
21. How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
I've revised stories into nonexistence.
22. Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style.
lets fuck plastic ponies and tophats WHEEEEEEE cats cats cats
23. If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
24. Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
25. What do you look for in a beta?
brutal, ruthless honesty
26. Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
Yes. I ask someone what kind of feedback they want: proofreading, cheerleading, or story critique.
27. How do you feel about collaborations?
28. Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
missparker: prose stylist specializing in simplicity & unsaid yearning
halrloprillalar: satire with precision; intelligent humor without viciousness; hot smut
sixbeforelunch: authentic characterization meets articulate imagination
29. If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
I wrote a coda to missparker's fic at the request of one of her reviewers.
30. Do you accept prompts?
I can't guarantee I'd ever finish a request so I don't personally ask for prompts. HOWEVER I do look over at-large prompts for plotbunnies.
31. Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
Canon-compliant unless it's an AU
32. How do you feel about smut?
OMG smut is so prurient!!! Who would ever read or write sex? It's disgusting and should be banned!!!!111!!
33. How do you feel about crack?
i am a crackwhore
34. What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
Rape requires a content warning. Warn for that shit.
35. Would you ever kill off a canon character?
Marty Lloyd ;)
36. Which is your favorite site to post fic?
37. Talk about your current WiPs.
15 and counting :( It makes me sad.
38. Talk about a review that made your day.
I love when readers engage in dialog with me in feedback, even when it's not about my story.
39. Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
Never. Not even once. Or maybe if they were rude, I didn't care enough to take offense? Or I thought they were hilarious?
Oh wait -- SPAM. Asking me to buy V1agra or fake fucking handbags or fucking online gambling. I fucking hate fucking spam; that's the fucking worst rudest fucking feedback everrrrrr. I delete that shit.
40. Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
Just add "And then they boned" to any of my Gen fics.